Whether you’re an avid hiker or prefer to lounge on the beach, vacationing may be challenging if you wear Invisalign braces. You know how important it is to maintain your dental routine, but you want to enjoy your vacation too. So, what should you include in your suitcase when packing?
Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here’s our list of things you need to bring when taking a vacation.
Tips and tricks from Dr. Mario Paz
- Bring your previous set of aligners with you. It’s always a good idea to bring your old aligners with you, even if you’re only vacationing for the weekend. You never know what can happen and having a backup tray will be helpful in case of an emergency.
- Pack a travel toothbrush and toothpaste in your carry-on bag. A travel brush set is great for cleaning on the go. Make sure your set includes a brush, toothpaste, floss, and mini mouthwash. You’ll be glad to have these tools available, especially if you’re used to brushing and flossing after every meal.
- Use bottled water to clean your aligners. When you’re vacationing, especially if you’re hiking or roughing it in the wild, brushing throughout the day isn’t always an option. So, it’s important to carry a bottle of water for rinsing your aligners and swishing your mouth to remove food particles.
- Bring a small container for your aligners. Schedules are hard to stick to when on vacation. After all, that’s what vacations are for. So, make sure you have your case or a small container with you at all times. That way you won’t misplace your trays during mealtimes.
- Plan ahead for meals and snacks. Vacation is a time for indulging in delicious food and drinks, but planning your meals ahead of time will help you stick to your treatment better.
- Store your aligners in a safe, cool place. Did you know your Invisalign braces can melt in the heat? It’s true so that’s why you should always store your case in a cool place, away from direct sunlight. For added safety, pack extra storage containers in case you lose one.
- Keep your aligners with you at all times. The last thing you need on vacation is a set of lost aligners. Not only will this set your treatment back, but you’ll have to pay for a new set when you come home. To prevent this from happening, keep your case close to you somewhere you won’t forget.
- Brush and floss before putting your aligners back in. Last, but not least, make sure you maintain your Invisalign routine as much as possible. If brushing and flossing before using your aligners isn’t an option, brush at least twice a day and floss after every meal.
Making the most of your vacation
If you are planning a summer vacation, you might be wondering: can you wear Invisalign in the ocean? If so, call Dr. Mario Paz today. We can answer all your questions about Invisalign, give you a checkup before you leave, and make a plan about how to best manage your treatment during your travels.
And you don’t have to worry about smiling for pictures with clear braces. That’s what Invisalign is for! So, when you’re having fun in the sun, make sure to snap plenty of photos of you smiling.